Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blog 11: Lesson 1 Reflection

1. What are you most proud of in your lesson, and why?

I am proud of the lecture content I was able to provide during my lesson, I feel that I was very knowledgeable and through. A commendation that I received from a peer really boosted my confidence following my presentation. That peer had complimented me on my calm and  composure during the entire presentation, even when pressure began to rise.

2. What assessment would you give yourself on your lesson? Explain why you earned that grade using evidence from the component contract.

I think a fair assessment for the first lesson would be a P. I believe that this is a fair assessment because I covered all categories and requirements under “P” consideration provided via the  component contract. More specifically, I believe that I had effective volume/enunciation/tone as well as very thorough, quality research that was able to help me provide an informative lesson.

3. If you could go back, what would you change about your lesson?  How can you use that knowledge to give a better Lesson 2?

I would’ve liked to reserve time to rehearse my presentation, so I could have the information roll off the tongue easier as well as so I could estimate my timing better. That would be my biggest regret with the first lesson, not scaling down my content so I could get through all my points without exceeding time limit. For the second lesson I will definitely rehearse and analyze my content beforehand so I can deliver a more compact yet still in-depth lesson.

1 comment: