Friday, October 30, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection


1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)

My mentorship takes place at my mentor’s residence, during this time I am able to shadow and then I get my chance to try out whatever is being taught at the moment. I usually get to do the prep and cooking process just as my mentor does.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  

My mentor is a close friend and almost like family to me, so acquiring him as my mentor was a quick and comfortable process, as he works night shifts there’s a good portion of the day that I can work with him.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person?

The comfort level with my mentor is quite decent, it isn’t difficult to ask him anything. The only issue is that we’re both somewhat quiet people, but it hasn’t been a hindrance. Because of this, time at my mentorship was not pressuring but enjoyable.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?

I think the interview went well, as the conversation became smooth and thorough, I was also able to follow-up with many questions even if I only prepared a few. Due to the comfortability with my mentor, it wasn’t very difficult to converse with him, so specifically with my mentor, I can’t think of much to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment