Thursday, June 2, 2016

Blog 24: Last Presentation Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your block presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am most proud of my improvements in speaking and presentation skills. I feel that with the lessons we’ve completed, I have gained much more confidence and composure when it comes to presenting, especially in a much more complex, lengthy presentation.

(2) Questions to Consider

a. What assessment would you give yourself on your block presentation?  Use the component contract to defend that assessment.

AE    P       AP    CR    NC

I would give myself a P- for my final presentation, I believe that I met all the general guidelines but still could’ve improved on some. I believe that I could’ve done more to make my PowerPoint more engaging, but I believe that the way I personally interacted and reached out to the audience made up for that oversight.

b. What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project? Use the component contract to defend that assessment.

AE    P       AP    CR    NC

I think an appropriate grade for my senior project would be an AP-. Despite some shortfalls, I believe that I made the best of what I worked on and I was still able to provide a compelling senior project.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

Finding a mentor and mentorship itself was a non-stressful yet fun experience that really helped me get excited about my topic. I’ve grown to enjoy my topic more and more, in a way that I see further exploration in the future.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project?

I would definitely work toward setting better habits for myself, especially when it comes to productivity. With these better habits, I would be able to journey through the senior project process more consistently and effectively.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

The senior project has helped me to consider my future more avidly, leading me to further exploration and consideration. Mentorship has led me to the experience of working or shadowing under an expert, something I’ve never experienced before. Senior presentations have helped me become more confident in public speaking and overall confidence and composure. These various experiences have helped me taste working in more professional environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment