Thursday, February 4, 2016

Independent Component 1

When my mentor first taught me cheesecakes and piping.

LITERAL
(a) Write: “I, Kyle Desiderio, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 43 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
What helped me when completing my independent component were mostly recipes. Here is the document where I kept all the recipes, procedures, and ingredients lists.
(c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
(d) Explain what you completed.
Together with Jacob Smith, we made a cooking show that incorporated or two senior topics, film editing and culinary arts. In the beginning, I got to gain much experience in baking, later I was able to do more research into recipes and how to make personal adjustments to them. In the end, I finally got to make the dishes I had been researching into. That portion of the process is what you will find in our cooking show,  recipes, ingredients, and how to put it all together.
INTERPRETIVE
Defend your work and explain its significance to your project and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.
Independent component helped me develop as well as gain new skills and experience, as I have mentioned earlier, I was really able to develop recipes to my own liking as well as research into what I wanted to make. I was able to bake closer and closer to perfection as well as learning the essentials to cooking pasta. While I have made films and experienced different sides of filmmaking, it was an interesting experience to create a cooking show, through this method of filmmaking I was able to experience what the celebrity chefs on Food Network do except on a much smaller scale. Given all that I have learned and experienced, I very well believe that I completed 43 hours of individual work.
Evidence of some of our planning and procedure can be found in the document linked above. Here are some visuals (Many more visuals will be found in our actual cooking show):


20160131_153018.jpgcamera-p.jpg20160131_132236.jpg20160131_132355.jpg

   
APPLIED
How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate this.
During this time, I was able to experience and experiment into different methods and styles of cooking. Recipes began to take a bigger picture in my journey; for example, overtime I was able to personalize my cheesecake recipe as time went on, I got to see what worked for me and what I wanted in a recipe. Shopping for ingredients became a more common event in which I was able to learn more and I can now more easily shop for ingredients. The most significant thing I gained through independent component was experience, I now feel much more comfortable and capable in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment